New York City Consumer Product Liability Injury Compensation
From appliances to children's toys, we expect all consumer products to be safe for us and those we love. When a product is negligently designed or manufactured, it can lead to devastating, unexpected injuries. If you or a loved one was injured by a defective consumer product, you need an experienced attorney to help you hold the designer or manufacturer accountable.
Protecting Your Family In Event Of Injury
Since 1968, the New York City product liability lawyers of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, have worked to obtain full financial compensation for victims of negligence across all of New York City and beyond. We exclusively handle personal injury cases. Our commitment to our profession and to our clients has resulted in:
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in recovered compensation for our clients
- Listing in Who's Who in American Law and listing in New York Super Lawyers
- Landmark cases against New York City in a road maintenance case ($14.3 million) and a highest ever financial award for a World Trade Center victim ($8.6 million with no fee charged to the client)
Our success and commitment carries through to all types of personal injury cases, including cases involving defective consumer products, product recalls and other matters involving defective products. We have handled over 100 consumer product liability cases, including the following:
- Our client's two-year-old was badly burned and scarred when scalding water and steam from a defective radiator hit her after the steam escape valve blew off. A careful legal analysis and thorough site investigation revealed that the building's managing agent failed to properly maintain the radiator, resulting in a breach of warranty of habitability under the New York state real property law. We settled the case for $3.5 million.
- Consumer product liability cases aren't limited to car parts and exploding aerosol cans. Our client suffered severe facial burns when a ball of flame hit her when she opened the door of her oven. We sued the manufacturer of the appliance and recovered a substantial confidential settlement.
Contact Us About Defective Products
If you have questions regarding unsafe consumer products in New York City or New York state, please contact us for a no-charge consultation. Smiley & Smiley, LLP, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our office is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street, 39th Floor. Our staff includes speakers of Spanish and Haitian Creole. To contact a New York City product liability attorney, call 212-986-2022 or call us toll free at 866-SMILEYLAW.