Injuries Due To Broken Stair Rails
Even comparatively small buildings in New York City can have dozens of stairwells and stair rails. When someone purchases a building, they assume responsibility to maintain each of the building's staircases. When they fail in this responsibility, and injuries occur as a result, property owners must be held responsible.
If you have been injured by a stairwell or stair rail that was broken, poorly lit, cluttered, covered with ice and snow, or otherwise dangerous, we can help you achieve a fair outcome. How?
- Our firm has helped thousands of clients in our over 40 years of practice.
- We have recovered dozens of awards exceeding $1 million.
- We thoroughly investigate each claim using former police detectives
- Firm attorneys Guy Smiley and Andrew Smiley are listed in New York Super Lawyers.
Representing Clients Against Negligent Property Owners Since 1968
We are highly knowledgeable and skilled at handling premises liability claims resulting from unsafe stairwells and stair rails on both residential and commercial property. For example:
- Our client was working on an elevated metal catwalk when he fell through an unbarricaded opening created by city employees. As a result of his fall he suffered broken bones and brain trauma. We obtained a $1.2 million award to compensate him for his injuries.
- Our client's wrist and pelvis were injured when he fell down a staircase in his own apartment building after struggling with a heavy door and defective steps. We obtained $225,000 to compensate him for his injuries.
Contact Us Regarding Your Case
Smiley & Smiley, LLP, provides free initial consultations and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street, 39th Floor. Spanish interpretation services are available, and our staff includes speakers of Greek and Haitian Creole. To contact a New York City slip-and-fall accident attorney, call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.