Skilled New York Hospital Negligence Advocacy
Hospital error is often at the heart of a suspected medical malpractice case. By "hospital error," we mean system defects and failures such as the following:
- Failure of doctors and nurses to communicate clearly with each other
- Failure to perform appropriate tests
- Failure of doctors or nurses to request tests that are indicated by symptoms
- Failure to keep equipment, such as anesthesia equipment, in working order
- Faulty intubation procedures
- Failure of emergency personnel to tend to known health conditions (such as diabetes) of patients while they wait for treatment by emergency room physicians
- Ignorance of important orders or requests in a patient's file
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to administer blood transfusions as needed and indicated
When Hospital Errors Occur, Attorney Analysis Can Shed Light
If you have been injured in a hospital, consider whether a medical mistake is a good possibility. If you suspect New York hospital negligence, lawyer analysis and advice is an important process in determining whether you have a case. Smiley & Smiley, LLP, has helped a number of patients recover financial compensation when hospital systems or personnel were the reason for an injury or worsening medical condition.
Contact a New York City medical malpractice lawyer at Smiley & Smiley. We provide free initial consultations, are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street, 39th Floor. We have Spanish interpretation services available, and our staff includes a Haitian Creole speaker. To contact us, call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.
Related Posts: Medical Malpractice Claims, Medical Malpractice, Steps to Make Sure You Have a Concrete Case, How do you Prove a Medical Malpractice?
Popular Posts: The Cost of Practicing Medical Malpractice