Bicycle Accident Lawyers For New Yorkers
Bike accident injury cases are usually filed either by the person who was injured while riding a bike or by pedestrians injured by a bicyclist. Each type of case brings unique legal challenges:
- When pedestrians are struck by bikers, insurance coverage questions can arise. Which policy covers the accident — the biker's homeowner's policy? The victim's homeowner's policy?
- When bikers are struck by vehicles, insurers generally approach settlement negotiations knowing juries are often unsympathetic to bikers. Unfortunately, bikers can be misjudged as a nuisance, despite their well-established right to share the road with motor vehicles.
At the Manhattan law firm of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, our New York City bicycle accident attorneys apply more than four decades of experience when protecting our clients' rights. We thoroughly investigate every bicycle accident claim with the help of in-house investigators — who are former police detectives.
Our reputation for providing aggressive and skilled counsel in litigation precedes us. Insurers and opposing counsel know that we will not refrain from taking a case to court if the settlement offer does not fully compensate our client. Contact our New York City bicycle accident lawyers by email to learn how we can help you secure a full financial recovery during a free initial consultation.
Results Securing Maximum Compensation For New York Bicycle Accident Victims
Everyone on New York's streets, from pedestrians to bicycle delivery workers and Citi Bike riders, is entitled to live in a safe environment. If you have been injured in a bike-related accident in New York or the surrounding area, we will take every measure to help you assert your legal rights. We have extensive experience securing a full financial recovery for bicycle and pedestrian accident victims such as:
- A client of ours who was hit by a bus, resulting in serious injuries. We settled the case for $4 million to cover our client's current and long-term medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other expenses related to the personal injury accident.
- One of our clients who was riding her bike when she was forced to slam on her brakes, causing her to fall off her bike into the adjacent lane where an MTA bus ran over her foot. We obtained a $1.25 million jury verdict.
A 35-year-old woman who was struck by a tow truck while she was riding her bicycle in New Jersey. The impact caused her to be thrown over the front of her bike where her hands landed under the tires of the tow truck. Our client suffered partial finger amputations from the accident, underwent several surgeries and was left with significant scarring, for which we recovered $937,500.
- Our client who was jogging in a New York City park when a biker ran a red light and knocked her down, causing a leg fracture. We negotiated a large confidential settlement with the biker's homeowner's insurer.
Advocating For Families With Fatal Bike Accident Claims In Manhattan
Nothing is more devastating than learning your loved one was in a fatal bicycle accident. When your world has been turned upside down, let our family take care of your family during this overwhelming time. You should not have to worry about how to cover any lost wages and other expenses related to the accident. Let us cover these details for you, so you can spend time focusing on yourself and your family.
Contact Our Experienced Manhattan Bicyclist Injury Attorneys
If you or your loved one was in a bicycle accident in New York City, contact us online, call 212-986-2022 or toll free at 866-SMILEYLAW. One of our partners will meet with you during a free initial consultation to learn how we can help you assert your legal rights.
Our law office is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan. Our staff includes speakers of Spanish and Haitian Creole.