Attorneys Who Understand MTA Accidents
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is a public corporation handling public transportation in 12 counties in New York and two counties in Connecticut. The MTA carries over 11 million passengers each weekday through various transportation facilities that include:
- The New York City subway system/New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA)
- Numerous New York City area commuter trains and bus systems
- Numerous New York City area bridges and tunnels
The MTA is the largest public transportation entity in the U.S. and, like with every governmental agency, enjoys numerous legal protections. If you have been injured while using an MTA transportation facility, you will have to follow unique procedural rules, guidelines and timelines in order to recover full compensation. At Smiley & Smiley, we can help you navigate the complexities of MTA lawsuits and provide aggressive and caring legal representation.
Were you injured on a New York City subway, bus or commuter train? Contact the New York personal injury firm of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, for experienced legal help. Call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.
The Results We Obtain For Those We Represent
At Smiley & Smiley, our lawyer team has handled thousands of motor vehicle accident claims, including dozens of cases involving MTA vehicles and facilities. Each attorney at Smiley & Smiley is an experienced courtroom litigator who has won numerous large awards in trial following an extensive investigation of clients' accidents. Recent MTA accident claims we have handled include:
- A $5 million settlement following a bus-pedestrian collision and catastrophic leg injuries
- A $1.3 million settlement following a wrongful death case against the MTA after an NYCTA bus struck and killed the husband of our client
- A $1.3 million settlement following a fatal accident involving a bus-pedestrian collision occurring in a crosswalk
Smiley & Smiley, LLP, provides free initial consultations and can be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our law firm is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street, 39th Floor. Spanish interpretation services are available, and our staff includes speakers of Greek and Haitian Creole. To contact a New York City MTA accident lawyer, call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.