Let Our Family Take Care of Your Family
If you believe that you or a loved one was injured by medical malpractice, the idea of filing a medical malpractice lawsuit can be overwhelming. Yet medical malpractice law is, in its essence, rather straightforward. If a doctor, hospital or another health care provider fails to follow standard medical procedures, they can be held accountable for any resulting injuries or fatalities.
At Smiley & Smiley, LLP, our New York City medical malpractice attorneys have handled more than 1,000 medical malpractice cases over 80 combined years. We draw on our decades of courtroom litigation skills and work with an established network of medical experts to prove fault and the extent of damages our clients have endured in complex medical malpractice claims, involving:
- Surgical errors and other forms of hospital negligence
- Failure to diagnose and treat prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer, cervical cancer and other forms of cancer
- Birth injuries
- Surgical errors
- Misread X-rays
- Negligent laser and Lasik eye surgery
- Failure to provide proper treatment or a delay in providing treatment
- Prescription errors
If you or your loved one suffered serious injuries or died tragically because of physician negligence, secure experienced legal counsel to assert your legal rights. Medical malpractice claims are highly complex. Contact our NYC personal injury attorneys to learn how our experience and legal skills can help you secure the compensation you are entitled.
Medical Malpractice Results You Can Trust in New York City
- Our law firm secured $3.75 million for a family who lost a husband and father after a urologist failed to notify them of prostate biopsy results that were positive for cancer.
- We secured $1.85 million for a family after a gynecologist failed to order the required chemotherapy treatment for a woman diagnosed with ovarian cancer. After 18 months, the cancer spread and the woman passed away from metastatic ovarian cancer.
- Our client had a standard in-office surgical procedure, which was performed incorrectly. This caused our client to lose sensation and function of his arm. The defendant agreed to settle the case for $1.2 million.
- Our client suffered permanent brain damage after doctors failed to diagnose and treat a brain aneurysm. We obtained an out-of-court settlement of $2.25 million.
- Our client's family member was just 39 years old when doctors failed to diagnose sarcoidosis. The doctors overlooked standard procedures and avoided performing a routine X-ray. We obtained a $1.5 million award for our client.
- Our 52-year-old client suffered the loss of his voice box, after his doctor failed to diagnose laryngeal cancer. We secured $775,000 for our client, after proving the cancer could have been treated successfully, if it was diagnosed in a timely manner.
- Our 35-year-old client sustained an eye injury that required treatment and follow-up care by an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist failed to take appropriate measures and failed to diagnose that the retina detached. We were able to secure $1,290,000 after our client became blind in one eye.
Contact Our Skilled NYC Physician Negligence Attorneys
To learn how we can assert your legal rights, contact our medical malpractice law firm online, call 212-986-2022 or toll free at 866-SMILEYLAW for a no-charge consultation. The lawyers of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan. Our staff includes speakers of Spanish and Haitian Creole.