New York Attorneys Assisting Spinal Cord Injury Victims
Quadriplegia, resulting from a spinal cord injury, drastically changes a person's lifestyle and the lifestyle of the injured person's family. After a car accident, construction accident or medical emergency has caused paralysis of four limbs, the injured person has a long road ahead, typically divided into phases like these:
- Emergency care
- Recovery from emergency medical treatment — maybe including surgery to stabilize the spine
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy, to help the injured person recover as many independent functions and skills as possible
- Rehabilitation, to help the injured person learn a new way of life, with new limitations and previously unknown challenges
- Return to home territory, with many necessary adjustments and adaptations, such as widened doorways, a remodeled bathroom, medical equipment such as a wheelchair, a modified van, a lift and a shower chair, and a need for ongoing personal care attendant services
- Vocational rehabilitation and ongoing physical therapy
Lawyers Who Understand Spinal Cord Injuries
The injured person is likely to be out of work for a long time. Medical bills will start arriving in the mail very soon. Family members seeking to support the injured person may visit the hospital often and take part in numerous meetings with doctors, nurses, a social worker, therapists and other professionals who have guided many other patients and families in the past. A free initial consultation with a lawyer is an important conversation to have as soon as possible after a spinal cord injury — and can help point the way to financial help needed to cope with this catastrophic injury and disability.
Lawyer Consultations For Spinal Cord Injury Victims
At the law offices of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, we fight on behalf of our clients who have suffered spinal cord injuries. We consult with doctors, life-care planners and economists to ensure that all costs and needs are taken into account in determining a dollar figure for an injury claim or lawsuit.
Contact Our Midtown Manhattan Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury because of a truck or car accident, an accident on the subway or on a bus, or in an accident occurring on dangerous property, or due to a dangerous product or medical malpractice, contact a New York City personal injury lawyer at Smiley & Smiley. We provide free initial consultations, are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street, 39th Floor. We have Spanish interpretation services available, and our staff includes a speaker of Haitian Creole. To contact us, call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.