Attorneys Who Understand Residential Fire Cases
Fatal and life-changing residential fires affect hundreds of people throughout the five boroughs of New York City each year. Sadly, investigations clearly show that many residential fires could have been prevented, or less serious, if rental property owners had complied with fire codes in an effort to keep the premises safe for tenants.
Attorneys Taking Action For Burn Victims And Grieving Families
At Smiley & Smiley, LLP, we have more than 80 years of combined experience advocating for people injured and families who lost their loved ones in fatal residential fires throughout New York City. Our tenacious personal injury attorneys have secured millions of dollars for burn victims and families with fatal accident claims such as:
- We obtained a $1.15 million settlement for a father and son severely burned in an electrical fire that engulfed their housing project apartment, proving that management failed to maintain working smoke detectors.
- In the face of restrictions in the New York wrongful death statute that limits recoveries after the death of a child, our lawyers recovered $1 million for the family of two children tragically killed in a Queens apartment fire.
- We proved negligence in radiator maintenance by the managing agent of a Bronx housing project, ultimately leading to a $3.5 million structured settlement for a badly burned 2-year-old victim.
Put our law firm's experience and legal resources to work for you.
Exposing Landlord Negligence In Fire Prevention Matters
Valid fire claims often expose landlords, property owners and managers taking shortcuts to maximize their income in spite of known risks to tenants. At Smiley & Smiley, LLP, our NYC personal injury attorneys conduct thorough investigations to identify potential violations such as:
- Failures to maintain functional, periodically inspected smoke detectors and sprinkler systems
- Code violations, including failures to provide a proper means of emergency fire escape, especially in converted living spaces
- Negligence in repairing or replacing defective electrical wiring, appliances and other potential causes of fires and burns
Contact Us For Legal Counsel You Can Trust
If you or someone in your family has been victimized by fire in a New York City apartment building, complex, loft or other common-living housing arrangement, you may be grieving a tragic loss or dealing with the overwhelming costs of recovering from burn injuries and smoke inhalation.
You deserve focused attention from skilled New York City residential fire attorneys determined to secure the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact our NYC apartment fire lawyers online, call 212-986-2022 or toll free at 866-SMILEYLAW to learn how we can help you secure a full financial recovery for the current and long-term damages you incurred from someone else's negligent actions. Our staff includes speakers of Spanish and Haitian Creole.