Capable Escalator Injury Representation
Childhood fears of escalators are not pure fantasy; escalators routinely injure both adults and children. At Smiley & Smiley, LLP, we have handled escalator accident cases caused by:
- Abrupt escalator stops
- Defects in moving handrails that can injure or cut off fingers
- Soft tissue injuries caused when feet are caught in moving parts
- Laceration injuries caused by limbs getting caught on stationery objects as the escalator moves
Though escalator accidents and injuries are surprisingly common, most escalators are perfectly safe due to diligent and conscientious maintenance. When building owners and managers fail to maintain escalators properly and injuries occur, it's important for injury victims to pursue the financial compensation they deserve through a premises liability claim.
Hands-On Experience With Escalator Injury Cases
If you have been injured on an escalator and incurred medical expenses, lost wages or have experienced a diminished quality of life due to injuries, contact our firm. In a city with numerous personal injury law firms, we stand out:
- We have handled thousands of injury claims since our firm was founded over 40 years ago.
- Each attorney at our firm is an experienced courtroom litigator.
- We have successfully fought for courtroom verdicts that exceed $10 million.
- We routinely appear on local and national news outlets to provide legal analyses.
- Firm founder Guy Smiley is listed in Who's Who in American Law and in New York Super Lawyers.
We can meet with you, investigate your claim, work with treating physicians and other medical experts, and then provide skilled legal representation in negotiations and in court.
For more information about our firm and your rights following escalator-related injuries, contact us for a no-charge consultation. Smiley & Smiley, LLP, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street, 39th Floor. Spanish interpretation services are available, and our staff includes speakers of Greek and Haitian Creole. To contact a New York City escalator injury lawyer, call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.