Injured Bicyclists And Citi Bikes
In May 2013, New York City launched a bike share program called Citi Bike. Through this program, New Yorkers and visitors alike can travel around the city in a healthy and environment-friendly way. Yet, the New York City bicycle program is not without its dangers, and there have already been numerous accidents involving the Citi Bikes.
At the Manhattan law firm of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, our attorneys believe in helping improve the safety of our streets, whether that means providing bicycle safety tips or skillfully representing individuals who have suffered serious injuries while riding Citi Bikes. If you have been in a Citi Bike accident, contact our attorneys for a free consultation.
Proven Record Of Success In Bike Accident Cases
Our law firm has won numerous cases for clients injured in New York City bicycle accidents. We attribute our success to:
- Our dedication. We are dedicated to offering compassionate and experienced legal counsel to personal injury clients — and have been since attorney Guy Smiley formed our law firm in 1968.
- Our focus on our clients. We have the resources of a large law firm with the individualized representation of a small firm.
- Our investigative resources. We have in-house investigators who thoroughly investigate each bicycle accident.
- Our knowledge. We know the local courts, New York neighborhoods and the law.
- Our experience. Among our attorneys, we have decades of experience under our belts, including specific experience and success representing injured bicyclists.
Trust your case to us, risk-free. We offer free consultations and accept all cases on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay attorney's fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Citi Bikes: Are They Safe?
The New York City bike share program can be a fun and inexpensive public transportation option, if safety is put first. Far too many Citi Bike riders do not wear helmets, which can dramatically increase their risk of serious and permanent injuries. This is true even though the New York Department of Transportation offers free bicycle helmets at various city events.
Furthermore, many riders do not know how to properly operate the bicycles and can be in particular danger if bike maintenance issues arise. When the bicycles are not properly maintained by Citi Bike, it may be possible to hold the city or the bike manufacturer accountable for accidents that occur as a result.
Of course, the most frequent cause of bicycle accidents are not the bicyclists themselves, but other drivers on the roads who fail to watch out for them. Now more than ever, bicyclists and motorists must be constantly vigilant and obey all of the rules of the road.
Contact Our Bike Injury Lawyers In New York City
Whether you have been injured or have lost a loved one in an accident involving New York's Citi Bikes, contact Smiley & Smiley, LLP. We have decades of experience helping New Yorkers and visitors to our city recover compensation after serious accidents. Call 212-986-2022 or toll free at 866-SMILEYLAW to arrange a free initial consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.