Workers' compensation benefits provide some compensation for injured workers following construction accidents. But does an income less than your previous wage, along with payment of medical expenses, adequately compensate you for serious and preventable injuries?
Manhattan Construction Site Injury Lawyers
At the personal injury firm of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, our New York City construction accident lawyers have recovered additional compensation for construction site accident victims through third-party claims. Third-party claims are filed against building owners, general contractors, equipment manufacturers, contractors, architects and others who bear some responsibility for injuries. Were you injured at a construction site under circumstances such as the following:
- An aerial lift or crane accident?
- A ladder fall or fall from a height such as a roof or ledge?
- Scaffolding accident?
- A vehicle such as a dump truck or forklift?
- An unsafe tool or unsafe machinery?
- An unsafe surface or hole in the floor?
- A fall or a falling object
- Demolition activities?
Our experience and dedication can be valuable assets in your overall recovery after a serious or catastrophic injury on the job.
Let Our Family Take Care of Your Family
The construction site injury attorneys of our personal injury team have a combined 70-plus years of legal experience and have recovered dozens of six- and seven-figure awards for injured people and their families. For example:
- Our client was crushed to death while operating an aerial lift as he painted the Path Train Reconstruction Project following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Our analysis and site investigation identified that the defendants negligently allowed the deceased to operate the aerial lift alone. Our representation resulted in more than $5 million in compensation.
- Our client was struck in the head by falling debris while working on the Triborough Bridge. At trial we established the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA) violated laws requiring overhead protection for workers. After a week in trial, the TBTA settled the claim for almost $1.4 million.
- Our client fractured his foot when a plank he was walking on gave way as he worked to renovate a subway station. Our representation resulted in a $520,000 award.
- Our client suffered severe shoulder and internal injuries when he was struck by a beam while working on a building. We established that laws requiring the use of debris chutes were violated and received a $650,000 award.
Contact Us After a New York City Construction Workplace Injury
Smiley & Smiley, LLP, provides free initial consultations and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our law firm is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 1 Grand Central Place. Our staff includes speakers of Spanish and Haitian Creole. To contact a New York City construction accident lawyer, call 212-986-2022 or toll free 866-SMILEYLAW.