Workers' compensation benefits only go so far. While they may cover a part of your income and medical expenses, they do not adequately compensate you for serious and preventable injuries or your pain and suffering.
At the personal injury firm of Smiley & Smiley, LLP, our New York City lawyers have recovered additional compensation for construction site accident victims through third-party claims. Third-party claims are personal injury actions filed against a negligent third party who is not your employer or a co-worker. They can be filed against building owners, general contractors, equipment manufacturers, contractors, architects and others who bear some responsibility for injuries.
Crane Accidents And Other Injuries At Construction Sites
Were you injured at a construction site under circumstances involving:
- An aerial lift or crane collapse?
- Falling off a ladder or from a height such as a roof or ledge?
- Scaffolding collapse?
- A vehicle such as a dump truck or forklift?
- An unsafe tool or unsafe machinery?
- An unsafe surface or hole in the floor?
- Being struck by a falling object?
- Demolition activities?
Were your injuries the result of a third party's negligence? We can help. Our experience and dedication can be valuable assets in your overall recovery after a serious or catastrophic injury on the job.
Let Us Help You Recover
The construction site injury attorneys of our personal injury team combine for more than 85 years of legal experience and have recovered dozens of six- and seven-figure awards for injured construction workers and their families. Examples of cases we have handled:
- Our client was crushed to death while operating an aerial lift as he painted the Path Train Reconstruction Project following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Our analysis and site investigation found that the defendants negligently allowed the deceased to operate the aerial lift alone. Our representation resulted in more than $5 million in compensation.
- Our client was struck in the head by falling debris while working on the Triborough Bridge. At trial, we established the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA) violated laws requiring overhead protection for workers. After a week in trial, the TBTA settled the claim for almost $1.4 million.
- $2.5 million for a 29-year-old laborer who fell on a slippery construction site, injuring his lower back. Our client required lumbar fusion surgery as a result of his injuries. We proved that the owner and general contractor of the site violated the New York labor laws.
- Our client fractured his foot when a plank he was walking on gave way as he worked to renovate a subway station. Our representation resulted in a $520,000 award.
- Our client suffered severe shoulder and internal injuries when he was struck by a beam while working on a building. We established that laws requiring the use of debris chutes were violated, and our client received a $650,000 award.
Contact Us After A Construction Workplace Injury
Smiley & Smiley, LLP, provides free initial consultations and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our law firm is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan across from Grand Central Station at 122 East 42nd Street - 39th Floor. Our staff includes speakers of Spanish and Haitian Creole. To contact a New York City construction accident lawyer, call 212-986-2022 or call toll free at 866-SMILEYLAW.